Not only do indispensable employees underpin your company’s culture, they are often also the face of your company.
A recent blog by Christine Lagorio highlights 6 traits of indispensable employees.
You may find you identify and agree with these six, but there may be other attributes that more closely align with your company’s culture.
Taking the time to consider the traits your current key staff have that really drive your business and then extend those thoughts to pinpoint the type of culture and customer experience you are trying to create can help to define the foundation for your next successful recruitment.
Consideration of these factors can then guide every step of the process from the tone of advertisement copy, interview structure and reference checking in recruitment through to developing the company vision and employment strategies that can make your company ‘sing’.
- Fire in the belly:– Desire and determination.
- Smart works:– Practical intelligence.
- Empathy is your friend: – Understand feelings and motivators.
- Integrity is Integral:- Honesty earns trust.
- All for all:- Give and receive help readily.
- Remember Alice:- Embrace all differences!
Are you attracting and retaining those indispensable employees?
Are you able to identify the key traits of your best employees that you may like to replicate in your next recruit?
by Rosie Bown