Engagement and Culture – Fun Facts…
Having just completed preparation for a presentation on engagement and culture I am doing this month, I thought it would be interesting to share some of the interesting snippets I found while doing my research.
Did you know?
- Twitter holds meetings on its rooftop garden – staff love it
- All goods sold at shops found on the Facebook campus are free
- Google-ites love the perks on offer – including:
- Free gourmet cafeterias,
- Massage rooms,
- Nap pods,
- Onsite doctors available for employee check-ups (free of charge)
- A company called #timelylife (in Dunedin) has no offices at all. They meet at hubs or cafés.
- Netflix have no official work hours – vacation and work hours aren’t tracked
- Glassdoor and Virgin Group have unlimited holidays
And how about some of these staff related ideas:
- Midday Surfing
- Event tickets paid for as well as transportation there and back
- Extra credit on your credit card
- Gaming time – as in computer/video games
- Volunteer hours
- Continuing education
- Access to Total Wellness camps
Staff related initiatives play a part in both engagement and culture. Which in turn will lead to delivery of your strategy and financial success.
What sort of staff initiatives do you have at your place? Let us know by leaving a comment below